FREEBIE MYSTERY NUMBER GAME- A fun game for your little learner
Posted on December 02 2020
- Choose the secret number, write it on a sticky note, and put it on the other player’s back. For example, I am going to teach you to play with the number 25. Make sure the player does not peek or see this number. They will be trying to figure this mystery number out by asking questions, kinda like “Guess Who”.
- Using the appropriate number chart, the player will begin to ask questions about the mystery number, such as, “Does this number have a 2 in it?” That is a great beginner question, but my goal for Declan was to use more mathematical terms and thinking when playing, such as, “Is there a 2 in the tens place?”
- It’s the other players' turn to answer back to the question, so in this case, “Yes, there is a 2 in the tens place.”
- The player trying to guess the number then can use that information to cross out numbers on their number chart. The player would cross out numbers 1-19 and 30-50, because they now know this number has a 2 in the tens place and is in the range of 20-29.
- Continue to play the game, repeating steps 2-4 until the player guessing the number is able to accurately guess the mystery number and verify with the sticky note on their back.
OTHER WAYS TO PLAY
This game can be used for literally ANY TOPIC, including reading, word study, shapes… the list goes on! I have included other charts and a blank chart so you can customize your own board game.
Get the FREEBIE game pack here.